Tuesday, February 15, 2011

FRAMES for $1.24 & $1.48

YES! They are white, dirty and there are 3 of them. Two are $1.48 and one is $1.24.  They are MINE! And I have plans for them!
Take a look at them BEOFRE:

two 5x7's and a 4x6
a little discoloration & a bit dirty
total for 3 frames less than $5.00




  

see how dirty they are? who cares? see how cheap they are? SCORE! see how cool they can be?
YES, YES, YES!!






SOOO, what am I doing with them, you ask?  Hold on let me paint you the big picture.  Little guy needs a an upgrade in his room.  

He grew out of the crib at about 2.5 years old and we went to a big boy bed - not your typical big boy bed, a QUEEN size bed.  I didn't see the pint in purchasing a twin or full size bed, when we had a gorgeous sleigh bed stored in the basement.  And small beds are uncomfortable (to me) so his comfort while sleeping is important. OK, I think I have justified it enough... 

I am planning to paint stripes in his room, update the art, use the current rug, and maybe even paint his bed, side table and bachelor chest.

These NEW, CRAZY COOL frames will go in his room!!  Don't count on me to post his room make-over any time soon.  I am sslllooooooowwwww when it comes to actually pulling the trigger on a room.  These frames took me all of 20 minutes and that includes taping them off & drying time.  OH, the spray paint I used is AWESOME, a bit expensive, but the colors are fabulous and the dry time is FAST!

I took a 210 grit and lightly sanded all three frames, then taped off for stripes
cute, huh?


this was taken outside so the color looks a little different


OH! the paint I used:




I purchased it at an local art supply house.  again, it's a bit pricey, but for specific projects, it's worth it to get the fantabulous colors! And a little goes a long way.  You must, MUST really shake it.  When you think it has been long enough, shake some more - TRUST ME!

http://www.thethriftyhome.com/
http://christinasadventures2010.blogspot.com/
http://primitiveandproper.blogspot.com/ 
http://www.bubblynaturecreations.com/ 

go visit these sites! they are full of inspiration and beauty!
 and I {love} comments and followers! (please & thank you)

6 comments:

Avery Tales said...

Love, love, love the frames!!

Cassie Bustamante said...

those turned out sooo cool! love the colors!

Sam | Away She Went said...

Wow! They turned out great! I love that you did the stripes differently on the smaller frame.

I'm a new follower after seeing your projects on 20 Below Thursday.

Allison {A Glimpse Inside} said...

Very cute! Love what you did with them and can't wait to see what you do to his room. Thanks for linking up!

Christina said...

So fun! Those colors are fablous! I agree with Allison - I can't wait to see the room! :)

Thank you so much for linking to "20 Below Thursday"!

OneTwoTwo Designs & Co. said...

Cute colors! I bought those same frames at target for the same price, you should have seen the cashiers face when she saw I was buying these dirt, marked up frames.
I linked up from Finding Fabulous!

~Kelly

Post a Comment